Besan laddu is a very simple laddu recipe from all other laddus and it is very easy to make. My MIL use to prepare these laddus for any occasion. She will prepare tiny laddus for my daughter too.This is the first time I did by my own and hubby likes it much and told me to prepare again... :) This is one of the easy and quick Diwali sweet recipes and melt in the mouth.. :)
- Besan flour (Senagapindi) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - large pinch
- Take a wide kadai, heat ghee. Now add besan flour and fry in remaining ghee until it turn to golden yellow with nice aroma.
- Take a wide cooking vessel, add sugar, very little water and mix well to get syrup with thin consistency. Sprinkle some cardamom powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame, add fried besan and mix well. Cool the besan mixture until it turns warm. Now take a small portion of mixture and make in to small balls of required size.
- Make sure you roast besan flour till raw smell leaves else it will give a raw taste to the laddus.
- You can even add add chopped & roasted cashews in laddus.
- While shaping I added extra 3 tbsp ghee to make the dough moist and smooth.