Saturday 4 October 2014

Ribbon Pakoda with Millet Flour - Diwali Savoury Snack

Ribbon Pakoda is one of  Princy's fav snack item. You can make this as an evening snack for your kids when they are back from school. I usually prepare this with normal version but my mom prepare this easy snack very often with jonnalu (millet flour). So I tried my mom's version yesterday asking the recipe from my mom. It came out very well and my hubby told me to do this version especially for Princy. Adding jonnalu (millet flour) in this way is healthy for kids.

Ribbon Pakoda is one of  Princy's fav snack item. You can make this as an evening snack for your kids when they are back from school. I usually prepare this with normal version but my mom prepare this easy snack very often with jonnalu (millet flour). So I tried my mom's version yesterday asking the recipe from my mom. It came out very well and my hubby told me to do this version especially for Princy. Adding jonnalu (millet flour) in this way is healthy for kids.


Ingredients:
  • Rice Flour - 1 cup 
  • Besan Flour - 1/2 cup 
  • Millet Flour - 1/2 cup
  • Butter - 1.5 tbsp 
  • Garlic paste - 1 tsp 
  • Salt - to taste 
  • Oil - to deep fry
Method: 
  1. In a mixing bowl - add rice flour, besan flour, millet flour, butter, garlic paste and required salt.
  2. Add water little by little to form a soft stiff dough. Take the ribbon pakoda mould and keep a ball of dough in the press.
  3. Heat oil to deep fry. When the oil becomes hot,drop a pinch of dough.If it rises immediately,temperature is just right.
  4. Simmer the flame & press the mould over hot oil in a circular manner.Let it cook in one side till bubbles cease.Turn over to other side when the bubbles ceases and cook again till bubbles ceases.
  5. Drain it tissue paper, repeat the same for the prepared remaining dough too.
  6. Cool down completely and then store it in an airtight container.
           Enjoy this as a tea time snack.

Notes: 
  • You can replace garlic paste with a tsp of pepper powder.
  • If u want red colored ones add tsp of red chilli powder. You can even grind red chillies with garlic and skip red chilli powder.
  • While making dough, add only required water and make sticky dough. Otherwise Pakoda will break into pieces in oil.






No comments:

Post a Comment