After a long break today I am here with a simple breakfast recipe, Mysore bonda or Mysore bajji in telugu... Actually people use to prepare this with rice flour but I have modified according to our taste with idly batter... Taste super than original bondas..
So let's move on to the recipe.
- Idly batter - 1 cup
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1/2 cup
- Curd - 1/3 cup
- Baking soda - pinch
- Chopped green chillies - 2 tbsp
- Onion (finely chopped) - 1 small
- Chopped curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Water - as required
- Oil - to deep fry
- Heat Oil for deep fry in a pan.
- Meanwhile, take a wide mixing bowl, add maida, idly batter, chopped green chillies, onion, curry leaves, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, salt, baking soda, curd and mix well.
- Drop the batter with a spoon or with your fingers into the oil carefully and fry until golden brown in a medium flame.
- Remove and drain them on a kitchen/tissue paper.
Serve hot with coconut chutney or any other chutney you like..