When we say pumpkin (butter nut squash) to any south Indian, all you hear from them is, either pumpkin fry or pumpkin pulusu but have you ever heard about Gummadikaya Iguru??? Ok then today i'll introduce you my most favorite Gummadikaya Iguru.... :) It is very famous curry, and it will be done on every festival and auspicious occasion like marriages in Andhra. I love to eat Gummadikaya Pulusu, dappalam etc.. Okkk no more delays lets move on to the recipe..
- Gummadikaya / Pumpkin - 1 Small
- Curry Leaves - 1 or 2 strands
- Onion - 1 large
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 3/4 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 3/4 tsp
- Powdered Jaggery - as required
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger & Green Chillies paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Coriander Leaves - to garnish
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Wash, clean and cut the gummadi kaya and chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Take a kadai, heat oil, add urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped onions and stir well and saute for few minutes.
- Add pumpkin pieces, stir well and close with lid cook for 2-3 minutes till tender. Stir in between.
- Then add ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric, salt & stir well & close with lid and cook for 1min in low flame.
- Then add jagerry & red chilli powder and give it a stir, let it cook for a min.
- Finally switch off the flame and transfer into a bowl, garnish with coriander leaves.
- For this recipe we need to add more oil.
- Don't add water.
And if you try any recipe from my space, please feel free to share your feedback & comments. If possible take a picture of that dish and email to the firstname.lastname@example.org I will publish your pictures in Sreshta's Kitchen Facebook page You can find similar pictures published in Sreshta's Kitchen Facebook Page under the Album - Recipes Tried by Readers. Thanks !